Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Walk to Remember

It's 2 in the morning and I just finished watching "A walk to Remember". Honestly the beginning was quite boring! I was going to stop watching it and go to bed. But then I did end up watching the entire movie. In word I would describe it as -sweet-. It was a very touching and sweet movie.
First we meet this boy who is all cool and doesn't really think about his future. Then he meets this girl, Jamie...and eventually falls in love with her. And so does Jamie. After many nights together Jamie tells the boy, Landon, that she has cancer. And that she had it since two years and the treatment has stopped to work. So now Landon is heart-broken. So he starts doing what Jamie always wanted. First of all, he plans a future for himself (going to medical school). Then he builds Jamie a telescope to see this one comet she always wanted to see. Later they both get married (in the same church Jamie wanted to) and live a very happy summer together. Then Jamie dies. Four years after that Landon is at medical school and the movie ends with Landice saying, "Jamie's Love is like the wind, I can't see it, but I can feel it". (Jamie's Father also said that Landon was Jamie's Miricle, which is something Jamie wanted [a miricle])
It really was sweet! Both Jamie and Landon were only 18 so it was quite sad and emotional. Overall a pretty good movie.
But for me, it's a one-time-watch. I think I would give it a Seven.

No comments: